Academic coaching is available at the Campus Learning Center for all undergraduate students. Professional staff members provide one-on-one coaching sessions for students who wish to make improvements to reach their academic goals.
Coaches can assist you with:
- Developing strong study skills
- Implementing effective learning strategies based on subject/course
- Developing and improving time management skills
- Setting and achieving short-term and long-term academic goals
- Learning appropriate testing strategies based on subject/course
- Identifying and removing the barriers that prevent you from being successful
- Identifying academic resources available through the CLC and other departments
Coaching is available for students of all academic abilities, and sessions are tailored to meet the individual needs of each student. Coaches often meet with students on a weekly or bi-weekly basis to assist throughout the semester.
Getting started with academic coaching
To help us give you the best possible coaching, we need to know a little bit more about you and your academic goals. Please complete this Academic Coaching Intake Questionnaire.
After completing the form please come by the Campus Learning Center (you can call us if you are unable to come by) to schedule a Jumpstart session. Our Jumpstart sessions are just that, a way to jump start your coaching experience. Sessions are small group and held 2-4 times per week. At the conclusion of your session we will schedule your first individual coaching session.